Last week sometime we had seeked an attorney to obtain a solid guardianship of Grandson. We weren't really serious, but we were serious about it at the same time. We called around for the best Navajo Family Attorney, and found one. She reccomended Adoption.
Sunday, out of the blue, there was Ramon at our door. I was a bit surprised, and nothing reminded me about our previous encounters. I let him in the house, by the time I turned around his face was red with tears streaming down his face, all I heard was "She is going to divorce me if I don't get him back. She's leaving me if I don't get him back. She already talking to some guy." And then heaving and crying loud, and lots of sorries.. I didn't think of anything I just put his head on my shoulders and held him. I looked out the window and noticed they were driving my mom's truck.
After all the crying, I told him about what Grandson has been doing since the last time they've seen him. A long time ago. I told him the boys will be home soon, they are at church. I told him his wife and daughter were more than welcomed to come in the house. He said she didn't want to come in, I said no problem I'll go get her. WHY? I don't know, everything that has happened hadn't clicked in yet.
Danielle didn't say much to Grandson, Ramon said "Look, here is your handsome son." Of course, Grandson was all dressed up in his Church suit so he looked quite dashing. She didn't say very much during the visit, she did play a game of checkers with Grandson.
After taking them out to dinner, and they bought Grandson an custom for Halloween, and we told them what our plans were and our schedules.. we must be nuts... everything sounded good...
The next day we called the Atty, she advised against any contact until the court procedure has taken place. For one thing, all they did was cry upsetting Grandson causing him to cry. We called Ramon, and again he cried. He kept saying his wife is going to leave him, he didn't know about their daughter if she is going to take her or leave both of them. Of course, we felt bad. We asked him where did they live, and Ramon refused to answer, which lead me to believe they are still residing at his mother's place. We had to make a choice on the best interest of Grandson. We will be seeking Adoption and terminate their parental rights.
Where is their stability?
How did Grandson interact with them? Same as before, calls his mom Danielle, and Ramon, Hey Dad. He was bossy with both parents. He made an indication his mom wasn't so bright, and he had to watch his little sister because she bites. Otherwise, it was the same as before. On their part, they started doing the "Honeymoon Phase" telling him they'll take him to Toys R Us and other stores. When they asked which custome he wanted, he looked at the prices and got the expensive one. We knew what he was doing.. And he told them, come watch a movie with me at my home.