Monday, September 5, 2011

The little stinker..

He lost his first top front tooth. :)

Third week of school and he is doing great, nothing major.  When we go for a walk in the neighborhood I know he has made friends here and there, at school or on the bus, the children are always waving to him.  I'm so glad he is making a lot of friends.

In church, he is doing great.  We stayed up late this last Saturday, and we slept late.  Grandson was up at 10:30 and got his Church clothes ready (pants shirts sunday socks belt and shoes), we were so lazy and decided to go next Sunday, but Grandson said "But Grandpa I need to go to Primary."  I said "let's go, c'mon."  That's what we get for staying up late.

Taekwondo, he is training a bit harder now.  I think he is testing for his Blue Belt this month, that means he will be sparring with the Blue Belts in Vegas.  He needs to be ready.  I found a few on Youtube that will be sparring with him in the Green Belt Division.  Now, I need to mosey and see who will be in the Blue Belt Division.  At the dojo he is still sparring with the Black Belts and they are his age to 12.  But the girl takes it easy on him I think, hard to say.  I watch her fight with other Black Belts and I see her getting rough, but then she slows down.  Soon Grandson will bypass all of them..  I know he can do it, he is not using all of his potentials out there.  With me, he tears me up.. maybe because I run from him sometimes and he thinks I'm weaker than him.  He does kick hard, it stings.  One night my belly was all red, and he almost made puke with his back kick.

Story:
One day, we were all riding on the freeway in the late evening, I don't know why we were talking about my dad when he worked in the mine.  But I said "You know your Great-Grandpa worked in the mines, and he had access to dynamites." He said "Mm." I said "You know my dad?" He said with the same uninterested sound of Hm. I said something else in reference to my father, and got the same response "Mm".  So, I left it alone.  A mile or so, he eagerly -excitedly- asks "OH! You mean, your mother's husband??".