Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New This and That

Church
We were sick for a couple of weeks, the missionaries came every week to teach Grandson. They have been doing a lot of arts/crafts to signify their teachings. Our baby loves it, and has been very creative. I love the way he learns, and he is always eager to hone more skills and knowledge.
He is going to be a great missionary when he grows up, he has so much compassion and encouragement. We can see great potentials and qualities in Grandson.
In Primary, he is well mannered and listens carefully to his teacher. After class he tells me what he has learned and what he thought.
We had him watch the Ten Commandments, he really thought about his whole life. I could see him thinking about what just happened in the movie and how the Bible has a lot to do with his life. Not just that, but the scripture reading and such. Haha, he is even quite quick to find the scriptures, he beats me every time.

School
His teacher said he is the brightest child in her class. Very well mannered, except for lunch time. He got a little out of control, and next time he will have to be separated from the boy he sits with, horse playing and getting a little too loud. I did give him a frown on that, and told him he knew better than get crazy out there. Playground is the place to get hogwild, but we know boys will be boys.
We, Grandbaby, and I have gone to the library and grabbed some books. He loves to read scary stuff, his eyes get big and comes running to tell us what he just read. Yesterday, he brought home a COOKING book, and that has like ways to make pancakes yummy and other things like breakfast burrito, and such. Getting into Grandson mind, is just so precious and pure.

Taekwondo
His new Dojang is called “Champions”. He loves it, he has variety of level to work with. He has been pairing up with Black Belts (2nd Dan Black Belt, Black Belt, and Red/Black Belt), there are times his little rear end gets handed to him. He is so use to beating the other kids, I know he gets frustrated and thinks “Wow, what just happened?” but he goes back in and tries. Bit by bit, he’ll get there. The dojo is not all about beating, it’s about sportsmanship and abiding the rules. He does very well with his poomse, that is never a problem.
Since the new Dojo has many other classes, he is also interested in Hapkido, Jr. Brazillian Juijitso, and weapons. Those are extras, and will remain as ‘extras’. Taekwondo, will get him a scholarship to good colleges, there is a future in that sport.
We saw one of the boys he will be sparring with in Las Vegas. It says he is a State Champion of California. I just want to know where on earth did they get that idea? Well, Grandson has a little something to show him.
Grandpa spent the day yesterday taking a test on being a coach at USA TaeKwon Do, World Taekwondo Federation certified. I am going in as Media, so that we all can be on the floor when Grandson spars. Pretty smart, huh?
I see another Jr. Olympic is going to be in Colorado Springs. I think we will be going to that in November. There’s a couple more in Florida and Canada.. Those I don’t we’ll be going, it’s too far. The reason why we are hitting the Jr. Olympic is because he wants to go to Korea when he is 14 to learn the Art & Tradition of Taekwondo from where it originated. Only X amount of number qualifies per year.. He needs to win as many as he can in Jr. Olympics.. Then we’ll see where he wants to go with that.