Monday, September 12, 2011

iPhone


Since he has been doing his best and the outcome has been great, we decided to let him have an iPhone.  He has been asking for iPad 2, but he can't call or text on it for those "incase" times, we opted the iPhone.  We have laid all the pro's and con's... really all he wants is ANGRY BIRDS.  It's pocket size and he can play with it when we travel or watch unlimited movies, and of course he loves texting. It's too cute.  Not only that, of course there's youtube, and lots of educational things he can be learning as well.  I'm not really into video games, and don't agree children should be stuck to it like glue.


Was he excited, yes he was!  We laid all the rules down, and the important one was DON'T LET ANYONE PLAY WITH IT!!!  So yesterday, he asked if he could play with the neighborhood  children we said "sure" and of course, he let everyone know he has an iPhone :(   (I frown on bragging) however one of the kids asked if they could play with it, and he said "NO".  I smiled, that's my boy.

This weekend is his first time walking (well riding his scooter) three houses down to play with the kids on his own.  Usually we walk and I sit there and wait for him, but this time since he has his phone, we are letting him independent in that sense, but on the way home I go down the drive way and wait while he comes home.  Boy o Boy, he's growing up and I feel like crying because he is no longer has a once of baby in him, he's all boy now.

Training, even just a slightest bit runs almost 7 days a week.  Sunday is day off -sometimes, usually it's just simple kicking drills and forms.. Well, call me dummy.. as if he doesn't kick hard enough, I taught him how to kick harder.  I hold the bag and I can feel it in my wrist and my chest.  Dang little feeties.. they're wicked and I sure feel bad for the kids.  Why o Why did I do that???  And you can hear the power and the vicious slap that goes with it.  Well, mostly I did it for the bigger girl she is about 11, and a 2nd Dan Black Belt... she pounds on him sometimes, and I know he's trying.   I figured if he gets her a few times with that powerful kick she'll back off.  He is already matching up with the 10 year old Black Belt and the 9 year old 2nd Dan Black Belt, I ain't so worried about them anymore.  And he is only 7, sometimes I want to tell them "Give him a BREAK, he's just a little guy." but that doesn't work like that, he needs to learn to stand up to them.  I'll post the video later.  I know he misses his kicks on her, she always rubbing where it hurts.
Importantly he is holding his own and he keeps trying.  I know he's intimidated by her size and her high ranking belt.  I tell him he shouldn't.