Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Since then...

For starters, I haven't seen anything happening with the Court issue from his parents.  I have a feeling they just wanted Grandson for his Disability status so they can get Free Housing.

Church, he is taking extra lessons with the missionaries every week so he can get baptized.  It also gives us time to interact with the missionaries and feed them.  They are good company.  Grandson has been a good learner and he draws and colors of his understandings.  That's how they make examples.

School started Monday and he loves it, today was his first day on the bus.  He likes being with kids and able to do things independently.  Love him so much.  Last week he had to take a reading test and he scored 99/100.  His teacher said he got a A+, and yesterday he asked his teacher how did he behave and she told him he got a A+ too.  He was excited he came home and couldn't wait to tell me.  He drew us with shapes like diamonds and circles... and all the rest I don't remember what he called them.  He also learned there's many meanings for one word, or things..  

Taekwondo.. yay!  We took him out of the last dojo and he got accepted yesterday to start training for Junior Olympic Taekwondo, right along with Traditional Taekwondo.  He starts tomorrow.  He is registered with USA Taekwondo, and will be fighting in Las Vegas, Nevada in October so it's time to train again, and train hard.  He will also meet his favorite TKD Kid. there.


This is Fred, he's from Denmark and now he is training in Los Angeles, CA.

This last Tournament in Las Cruces, NM is the first time he fought hundreds of miles away from home and he came home with 2nd place in Poomse, and 1rst place in sparring.  People there treated him like a winner (which he is), he was on cloud nine for about 3 days.  Here, everyone knew he would win 1rst place.
Both boys he'll be sparring with are in this picture.

Win

win

win

win

Lost. He got too eager and went a bit too fast, I also seen his fist past his knee when he was low blocking.. I knew then he was done for.  But it's okay, this was his first time and it's a learning thing.


Gold Medal First Place in sparring.
Just a medal but that is a lot of training and practicing.  And it sure wasn't easy a lot of times.

I coached him on the First Match, the Second Match his former Master coached him for the last time.  I didn't understand how they were doing their point system.  There's a lot of kicks Grandson did that weren't counted for, and why he lost a point, NO IDEA.  I asked the Master and he didn't know why either.